Skip to main content
You are not a member of this wiki.
Pages and Files
major league rules
Rule 32 – Schedules
Preparation of Schedules
– The Commissioner shall propose a draft schedule of the next season’s games (including start times) and circulate it to the MLBPA by July 1. The official schedule for the following season shall be issue no later than November 15. No change shall thereafter be permitted without the Commissioner’s consent.
– No games shall be scheduled the day preceding or the day following the All-Star Game
– Each minor league shall submit a draft schedule (including start times) to its MLB affiliate 10 days before the adoption of the schedule. After adoption, parent clubs must be notified of changes in the schedule.
Number of Games
– Maximum number of total team games (including playoffs) shall be 140 at AAA, A, an A Leagues, 76 in Short Season A Leagues, 68 in Rookie-Advanced Leagues, and 60 in Rookie Leagues.
– no minor league team shall have more than3 scheduled double-headers or more than 2 per half. No double-headers may be scheduled during the last 20 days of the season or half. No split doubleheaders may be scheduled at all. Clubs may not play more than 2 double-headers in a row or more than 3 in a 7-day period.
Day games after travel
– No minor league cub shall schedule a day game following a night game after which the team has to travel by bus more than 150 miles.
Opening and closing Dates
AAA/AA/A – opening day shall be no earlier than the first Thursday after MLB Opening Day (regular season games not played in a regular MLB home ball-park do not count as opening day). Closing date shall be on or before Labor Day.
Short Season A/Rookie – opening day shall be no earlier than 14 days after the first day of the Rule 4 draft.
AAA/AA/A-Advanced – Leagues may choose format, but playoffs must be completed within 12 days of the end of the regular season.
A-Intermediate – Leagues may choose format – if one round, must be best-of-5 completed within 7 days; if two rounds, must be best-of-3 followed by best-of-5 all completed within 12 days.
Short-Season A – best-of-five completed within 7 days.
Rookie-Advanced – best-of-three completed within 5 days.
Rookie – no playoffs allowed.
– Each minor league may play no more than one all-star game per season, whether inter-league or intra-league
– No minor league game shall be scheduled to play more than 30 days without an open day.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"