Skip to main content
You are not a member of this wiki.
Pages and Files
major league rules
Rule 21 – Misconduct
Misconduct in Playing Baseball
– Any person found to have “fixed” a game shall be declared permanently ineligible. Players who are solicited to fix a game must immediately inform the commissioner.
Gift for Defeating Competing Club –
Persons connected with a team may not offer gifts to players on any other club for defeating another team. Players who are solicited to fix a game must immediately inform the commissioner. Penalty – three year suspension.
Gifts to Umpires
– Persons connected with a team may not offer gifts to umpires based on the outcome of any game. Players who are solicited to fix a game must immediately inform the commissioner. Penalty – permanent suspension.
Betting on Ball Games
– Players, umpires, and league/club officials may not bet on any baseball game whatsoever. Penalty: 1 year suspension for non-related games, permanent suspension for games that the person has the party is involved in.
Violence or misconduct
– In the case of a physical attack upon an umpire or a player, the guilty party may be fined or suspended at the full discretion of the Commissioner.
Other misconduct – this list is not exhaustive, the Commissioner may fine, suspend, or take other action against players, umpires, or teams if their actions are not in the best interest of baseball.
– a printed copy of Rule 21 must be posted in every clubhouse.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"